Shape your team’s defensive sector to your game idea!
The defensive sector in a soccer team is hugely structured to achieve the goals of collective results.
In general, we can say that the defensive sector has as its main objectives the recovery of ball possession, the containment of the opponent’s advance, and the defense of the goal.
In soccer, and depending on the opponent in question, there may be several defensive techniques that the coach can adopt for his team. Various methods can be adopted from block defense, man-to-man or area coverage, or even pressure on the ball.
To help coaches develop and improve the defensive sector of their team to provide them with more and more skills so that they are unbeatable, we have prepared a new video with defending exercises.
Check the coaching points of our suggested exercises bellow:
1 vs 1 Face-Off
– Closing down; angle and speed of approach; body shape, balance, and foot positioning; timing and decision to tackle.
6 Goal Game with Goalies
– Support teammates; fast transitions; spread out; quick finish; switch point of attack; take on defenders.
Four Goal Game
– Switch point of attack; attack open space; change of direction and speed; deception; set up defender; vision; close control; quick finish.
Neutral Wing Players
– Create space for others; attack space behind defense; supporting angle and distance to the ball; support position behind the ball; support position in advance of the ball; support position lateral to the ball; combination play (1-2, double pass, overlap, take over).
Touch Restriction 2
– Protect the ball; close control; angle, distance, and timing of support; vision; decision making; verbal and visual communication; the weight of pass; accuracy- first touch; aggressive and positive mentality in front of goal; placement versus power in front of goal; angle and speed of approach; control and restraint; delay and channel; angle and distance of cover; intercept pass; change the role of pressure and cover; visual and verbal communication.
Transition Game 3
– Unbalancing the defense; creating space for others; attack space behind defense; quick transitions; quick finish; vision and anticipation; positioning to gain an advantage.
– Set up defender; change of speed & direction; protect the ball; vision; close control; supporting angle and distance to the ball; create space for others; attack space behind defense; angle and length of cover; change the role of pressure and cover; visual and verbal communication; control and restraint; delay and channel.
Zone 1 vs1 With Target
– Change of direction and speed; deception; set up defender; protect the ball; vision; close control.
Interested in our app Tactical Soccer? Give it a try! Create your account here and start now enjoying our software.
Tactical Soccer is multiplatform software and works on every major platform.