The finishing of a move, in a soccer game, is one of the most important moments. A good finishing ability is a major factor in assessing a player’s quality.
A player’s finishing ability depends on several factors, such as decision time (which should be as short as possible), finishing space, or shooting technique. It is precisely the combination of all the above factors that differentiate the players’ finishing quality, making them good or bad.
Providing players with tools so that they can develop their finishing skills can be a challenge due to the complexity and amount of details that encompass the finishing. To help coaches develop their players’ shooting skills, we’ve prepared a new video with shooting exercises.
Check the coaching points of our suggested exercises bellow:
Cone Dribble 10
– Close control; quick finish; get the defender off balance; quality of preparation touch; contact surface; aggressive and positive mentality; vision and anticipation; placement versus power.
– First touch; quick transition; aggressive and positive mentality; vision and anticipation; quick decision making; accurate passes.
Finishing Game 3
– Unbalancing the defense; creating space for others; attack space behind defense; angle, distance, and timing of support; vision; decision making; verbal and visual communication; positioning to provide cover and balance; intercepting pass; defending vital space (squeeze toward the center); defending space behind; tracking players.
Finishing with Time Limit
– Quality of preparation touch; aggressive and positive mentality; vision and anticipation; placement versus power; positioning to gain an advantage; angle, distance, and timing of support; body position – open to the field; decision making; verbal and visual communication; the shape of the team to maintain possession; quick finish.
Knock Off 2
– Players should accelerate towards the ball; constant movement; communication is vital; good angle and distance of support to receive the ball; first touch; quick decision making; accuracy overpower.
Pass Striker 2
– Explosiveness; first touch; communication; accurate passes to feet; quick turn by the player in the end zone; aggressive and positive mentality; vision and anticipation; placement versus power; positioning to gain an advantage.
Target Players 17
– Quick finish; communication; create supporting angles; the weight of pass; accuracy; vision; first touch; aggressive and positive mentality; placement versus power.
Interested in our app Tactical Soccer? Give it a try! Create your account here and start now enjoying our software.
Tactical Soccer is multiplatform software and works on every major platform.