In soccer, the dribble is one of the most exciting and spectacular movements and one that many fans look forward to during the game. Dribbling is a technical move capable of impressing a stadium and lifting stands of ecstatic supporters.
More technically, the dribble is also crucial in the most diverse moments of the game because, in addition to allowing you to overcome the opponent, it can create moments of imbalance and enhance the attacking movements of a team, making chances of goals or fouls in essential areas.
Training players’ dribbling skills on a team requires good preparation of drills and training sessions focused on skill development. In dribbling, only practice can make perfect. So that you can develop and enhance your team’s dribbling skills, we have prepared a new video with dribbling exercises.
Check the coaching points of our suggested exercises bellow:
1 vs 1 Corner Goals
– Deception; set up defender; change of speed & direction; protect the ball; vision; close control; angle and speed of approach; body shape, balance, and foot positioning; control and restraint; delay and channel; timing and decision to tackle.
1 vs 1 Through Cone Goals
– Accuracy over power; eye on the ball; quality of preparation touch; contact surface; aggressive and positive mentality; change of direction and speed; deception; set up defender; protect the ball; close control.
2 vs 2 Each Half
– Take on defender; quick finish; good first touch; attack open space; quick transitions.
3 vs 3 Dribbling
– Deception; set up defender; protect the ball; vision; close control; change of speed and direction; supporting angle and distance to the ball; combination play; decision making.
4 Box Game
– Switch point of attack; attack open space; take on defender; deception; set up defender; change of speed & direction; protect the ball; vision; delay and channel; angle and distance of cover; change the role of pressure and cover; visual and verbal communication; positioning to provide cover and balance; defend vital space (squeeze toward the center); defend space behind; track players.
– Accuracy; first, touch into space; get a defender off balance; decision making.
Channel Possession Game 4
– Constant movement; communication is vital; vision; angle, distance, and timing of support; the speed of play; quick transitions; quick finish.
End Line Dribble
– Angle, distance, and timing of support; decision making; verbal and visual communication; set up defender; change of speed & direction; protect the ball; vision; close control; angle and distance of cover; change the role of pressure and cover; visual and verbal communication; control and restraint; delay and channel.
Interested in our app Tactical Soccer? Give it a try! Create your account here and start now enjoying our software.
Tactical Soccer is multiplatform software and works on every major platform.